Friday, July 31, 2009

Do The Right Thing (1989)


I had mentioned earlier that I'm a sucker for the racism genre and this movie does no mistake in hitting the spot. It's got comedy and racism combined together.

The dumbest question I was ever asked once was "Why do you like movies that revolve around racism?". Well maybe because they can only change people to the better. I might not be facing the racism we see when it comes to blacks and whites, but it exists everywhere and we all have or will experience it at one point in time, being indirect or direct.

Back to movie. I was happy to see a little of Martin Lawrence in 'Do The Right Thing'. I was also shocked how short Spike Lee was, and still is:)! He was in his early 30's when he did this film. He's the one in the left of the photo above who plays the role of a teenager pizza boy.

Over all I found this movie very entertaining and at the same time one with a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment