Saturday, July 4, 2009

Dog Day Afternoon (1975)


Three words really sum up Al Pacino's character in this movie. Considerate, understanding and a gentleman. Being a gentleman is one thing and being a bank robber is another, but a bank robber that is a gentleman! Comon! The combination may sound a little confusing, but 10 minutes into this movie and man! I couldn't wait to see how it all ends. I've seen a few of Pacinos films he had done in the 90's and sooner ones. It doesn't take a genious to see that the guy was on a role in his 70's. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who wants to see Al Pacinos other mean-killing machine side.

I wonder sometimes if anyone out there will ever remake a somewhat similar movie to Scarface. I even wonder at times if any actors today out there have the potential to even come close to Als masterpiece. I honestly had my hopes up for Depp, but his close compationate relationship with Burton suggests otherwise. I'm a huge Depp fan, but then again Pacino never accepted a role which made him look like this..
OR
OR

This comparison might not be the best, but the one with a bigger nutsack clearly is ...


No comments:

Post a Comment